About Lead Calgary
We are a group of Calgarians who are passionate about our city. We come from many different backgrounds – we run small businesses, teach in schools, work with charities and not-for-profits, and are active in our local communities. We believe that Calgary needs to be led by a City Council who will set aside rancour and division, tackle the very real challenges our city is facing, and plan for a strong and vibrant Calgary for decades to come. We will be advocating for new ideas in the 2021 Calgary municipal election and will support candidates who offer what Calgary needs most right now: Leadership.
What We Believe
- Restore fiscal responsibility to Calgary.
- Cut property taxes for homes and businesses.
- Real accountability and transparency at City Council.
- Reduce the size and cost of local government.
- Focus on core services for everyday Calgarians.
- Promote safe communities which protect Calgarians.
- Create a climate of economic growth and entrepreneurship in Calgary.
- End the influence of special interests and political insiders at City Hall.
Too often, public money has been used to subsidize private enterprises. In effect, the government chooses which industries and businesses will receiving taxpayer subsidies.
At the heart of all good management strategy there exists the need for transparency and accountability. The past 10 years, and more specifically the last four years, Calgary’s City Council has been remiss in ensuring transparency and accountability.
Support Our Work
As a municipal third party group, Lead Calgary can accept donations from citizens, businesses, and other approved organizations. If you want to support positive change for Calgary, then please consider donating to Lead Calgary – let’s work together to bring back real leadership for our municipal government!
Get in Touch
© Lead Calgary 2021